Ever questioned what some songs are actually about? We have a number of tracks, all accused of hidden chemical induced themes. Are these Rockers responsible as charged, or are we letting our creativeness run away with us? You determine.
10. Peter Paul and Mary – Puff The Magic Dragon. Come on now, absolutely there isn’t any defending this one – with about 1,000,000 potential pot references thrown in and naturally the title. Peter, Paul and Mary nevertheless, declare the tune was impressed by Ogden Nash’s The Story of The Custard Dragon and is in truth in regards to the lack of childhood innocence. (To substance abuse possibly?…) buy dmt.
9. David Bowie – Area Oddity. Bursting with psychedelic area themes, it is nearly a pure assumption that ‘Area Oddity’ was drug-inspired. The tune was apparently launched to coincide with the Apollo 11 moon touchdown, although In ‘Ashes To Ashes’ Bowie later admits that “We all know main Tom’s a junkie”. We are saying responsible as charged.
eight. Blur – Beetlebum. Hearsay has it that ‘Beetlebum’ was based mostly on Albarn’s drug experimentation with ex-girlfriend and Elastica front-woman, Justine Frischmann. Albarn tried to assert that ‘Beetlebum’ was meant to characterize a variety of complicated feelings, earlier than lastly giving up and admitting: “it is all about medication, principally”.
7. The Byrds – Eight Miles Excessive. The title is once more, something however delicate, so it isn’t stunning that ‘Eight Miles Excessive’ was initially subjected to a U.S radio ban. The band strongly denied allegations of drug references, saying it was about flying to England. Nonetheless in later years, Clark and Crosby confessed that the tune was no less than partially drug-inspired. Recognizing a little bit of a theme but?
6. Oasis – Morning Glory. There have been a number of interpretations of this basic hit. Other than the plain, (simply learn the title…) the tune has been referenced to cocaine use, with lyrics equivalent to: “All of your goals are made/Once you’re chained to the mirror and the razor blade” making an look. Noel Gallagher dissolved all rumours when he defined that the tune was initially impressed by listening to a walkman, while excessive on cocaine. Effectively that positive cleared up any confusion.
5. The Rolling Stones – Leaping Jack Flash. A ‘Leaping Jack Flash’ is supposedly slang for injecting heroin into your tear ducts… Case closed.
four. The La’s – There She Goes. With traces like “There she goes once more… racing by way of my mind… pulsing by way of my vein… nobody else can heal my pain”, its no shock that the tune gained a repute about heroin use. The band have denied the rumours, though guitarist Paul Hemmings merely says he does not know. If he is unsure, then there isn’t any hope for us.
three. The Beatles – Received To Get You Into My Life. Written by Sir Paul McCartney, the observe rec